NJALALE'S DIARY


Baby brother walked into the house shortly after the 7:00 pm Kiswahili news. Afternoon was all downpour. The air and the walls and the grass were wet and cold. He grabbed me by the hand and said something about beating the cold. 'Explain,' I hesitated. His was a crazy idea. He'd already gathered bonfire wood. He lit it. We fetched chairs and rubbed our hands and watched the flames rise and fall and expand and threaten and quiet down. The ash was piling and we were talking about intimate things like love and dreams and tomorrow. We'd forgotten it's the rainy season and we were 'free' and sipping tea from a thermos flask, not whisky. Rem this was a surprise thing. Whoever will marry my baby bro will either be too happy or too otherwise. Hear me, there is no middle ground with him. He's the scoundrel in the pic below.
Someone was leaning back and the chair was sinking in the soft ground and he was falling backwards and another person (me) was laughing. My heartfelt apologies, I'm a sadist. Again, if you can squeeze everything into your palm, have a good day - something quite impossible with the current weather. To explain what I feel, this is a moment of broad smiles and endless possibilities.

#Raconteur
#MeetingInTheDark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIV$AIDS DEMENTIA

WRESTLING WITH FREEDOM

My Birthday (1st June)