NEXT TIME

NJALALE'S DIARY
Four weeks of emptying out and refilling are over. You don't need to be jealous of me anymore. I have eaten fresh food. I have inhaled clean air. I have enjoyed tree shades and the beautiful sight of sunrises and sunsets. I have listened to an orchestra of grateful birds at the break of dawn. I have taken busaa to my fill. I have 'dished' boiled chicken and fresh mangoes and guavas and groundnuts. I have enjoyed the company of kind people. "Village Diary" concludes today because its author has eaten the departure ingokho and has a bus ticket in hand. Back into the urban dust and rationing and cacophony. This is a sad departure, boys and girls, but that which is of absolute necessity. One thing though, I never met any of my village ex-girlfriends. Where did they go? Anyway, the balding process on my head continues. Good thing is, I have a full beard to deflect your wandering and indiscipline eyes. It was four weeks of wellness and reconnection. I can't imagine I am going back to the ugly face of the house caretaker again. He would ask me what I have brought for him from 'Western'. I will give him a half bottle of chang'aa from my birth village. That would keep him quiet for a few hours. Halafu, I hear you guys launched a new currency to fight graft. Si mnakuanga funny. Hii ni Kenya. I am coming back to your country, unwillingly. So what did I miss during my hermitage?

#VillageDiary
#Raconteur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIV$AIDS DEMENTIA

WRESTLING WITH FREEDOM

My Birthday (1st June)