THE LOVE CONFESSION

I don’t know how it started, and I don’t know how it’ll end. Somewhere along the line, though, I fell in love with you. Maybe it was that smile or those hypnotizing eyes. Or perhaps it was your beautiful brain or the way you say my name.

I don’t think you even see it, and I doubt you ever will. I’m probably forever friendzoned, even though I desperately long to wrap you in my arms.

Your laughter rings forever right inside my ears as your sadness makes me cry. I wish that I could be the one to always make you smile while also carrying the burden of your pain. Although I know it isn’t true, I wonder if somehow you’d ever feel the same.

Sometimes when I’m lonely, I imagine what we would be like. Would we be the cheesy, romantic type or the ones who always laugh and keep it light? I mostly picture laughing and enjoying each other’s company. And, probably lots of talking all through the night until we see the sun rising through the curtains.

The worst part about it all is that it’s just a forbidden love, a fruit of temptation that looks so sweet but I can never taste. Even if I wasn’t trapped, there are far too many complications to ever make a romance with you viable, and just saying that breaks my heart in two.

I haven’t figured out how to let go, though my best friend insists that I should. I know that I’m playing with fire now, and eventually I will get burned… but the fantasy of something more is just one part of what keeps me alive when I want the world to stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIV$AIDS DEMENTIA

WRESTLING WITH FREEDOM

My Birthday (1st June)