THE BREAK.

 I quit social media for a month. So I quit Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter. I just need a break. It is time to cut myself off.

I will stop using social media tomorrow morning, and my brain is going crazy. I just realized how often I glance down just to see if I have a notification. When I wake up in the morning, on the way to work, on the taxi, walking from the taxi to work, sometimes at work - sorry - when I get home from work. It's constant.

I think I'm probably not the only person in my generation who feels this way. I have friends who use Facebook to promote their music shows and send invites for birthday parties. It's a very big part of my social life, and that might be something I'm missing.

I'm hoping with this social-media fast that my brain will kind of recalibrate itself - go back to my life pre-social media. I hope to become more focused, more productive, for my brain to be a little less scattered and all over the place. I really hope I inspire other people to do this because as an avid social-media user. I'd like to prove that we don't need it.

I know a lot of people who will mind-numbingly scroll instead of just sitting with their thoughts and dealing with their emotions and all the things that have happened in their day and their week and their month.

We've got to focus on ourselves for a little bit and not every random stranger you're friends with on Facebook.

I learned that FOMO isn't real if you don't know what you're missing out on. If there is a party that I'll miss, I don't know about it so I don't care! I'm not seeing people's Instagrams from it and I'm not seeing Snapchat videos and I'm not feeling like I will miss out on anything because I'm not going to see it.

I would urge you to delete one social-media app from your phone. See if you miss it. See if it changes your life. See if you notice how much time you had been spending on that app.

I am really scared of quitting social media at first. I think I will miss out on a ton of things, but It's actually turned out to be the best choice I've ever made.
#panamustalks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIV$AIDS DEMENTIA

NO LOVE BACK.

MAMA