WRESTLING WITH FREEDOM

Diary 1,
It was beginning to gnaw at me,this irksome fretting over my last day at the office. At various times in my life I have struggled with the theory of zoe and for this time I felt a looser.
 The silver chain at my humbled crib at Genesis Apartments swung gently from a draft creeping into the house through partially finished walls.The chain,as it brushed up against the dusty  60~watt bulb protruding from one of the wood rafters played a song with the hollow whistle of wind that sneaked in the poorly sealed windows.Tink.tink...ti tink. The lonely noise went on for a long moment,then a short phlegmy cough punctured the quiet and the shuffle of papers,and a chair leg scrape ended the winsome song.
I pulled my blue knitted warmer tighter,I stiffened my spine as if in defiance of the bitging August air seeping into the house.I padded to my white enamel stove .The ancient stove chipped and yellowing,popped to life as I turned the knob.I placed a copper tea kettle onto the burner and as the flames licked the pot of water I reached for a loaf of wheat bread that Sat alone on the top of my small refrigerator,still in its pan and covered with a clean kitchen towel.
Pairing a thick slice of bread with my last apple,I pushed the newspaper across the table and dropped into a chair.The earth had just said goodbye to the sun as it turned away toward the moon.Long dark shadows filled the room's corners,unlit by the sole bulb weakly shining above the table.
While I was planning my next few hours before I went to sleep,I took out my phone and went online so that I could respond to the many messages I had received while I was at work  but couldn't respond because of how busy my schedule was.
The kitchen, silent now was still chilly.The light chain began to click gently   Again in the silvery moonlit room.The bulb was dim now.Buzz,Buzz,Buzz.Swiveling quickly,I focused my attention on the incoming phone messages as the phone vibrated again,decibels higher.
The door bell rang,dang dang,dang..dang.It took my attention and I kept my phone aside,wait,was I expecting anyone?
 (Coming Soon)...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIV$AIDS DEMENTIA

My Birthday (1st June)